You do not have to do anything specific other than brush your teeth before coming in for your teeth whitening treatment. You may want to put some lip balm on just before your appointment as your lips will dry slightly. (we supply this in the clinic anyway)
It is not ncessary to have your teeth cleaned and scraped at the dentist prior to your whitening treatment, we do however recomend your usual 6 months regular checkups at the dentist.
When You Arrive
- You will be greeted by one of our friendly technicians.
- The technician will go through everything with you, do a consultation and answer any questions you may have.
- You will sit back and relax in the soothing environment. We will insert the cheek retractor, take a shade measurement and apply the blue seal barrier. This is a thin rubber mould that sits along the gum line of the teeth.
- We will apply the whitening gel and activate the laser light which will start the first 10-12 minute session.
- After the first session is completed we will reapply a new layer of tooth whitening gel and start the second 10-14 minute session.
- Repeat step 5 to complete the third 10-14 minute session.
- We remove the cheek retractor and blue seal barrier, which conveniently comes out altogether and you will see your new dazzling white smile in the mirror.
After Care Notes
For the following 24 hours After Treatment you must:
- Avoid any dark staining drinks like Tea, Coffee, Red Wine, coloured soft or alcoholic drinks and fruit juice.
- Avoid all dark staining foods like bolognese, soy sauce, red meat, chocolate and all fruit except bananas.
- Avoid any foods or drinks that would leave a stain on a white shirt.
- No Smoking for 24 hours, smoking a cigarette within the first 24 Hours will stain your teeth
- Moderate use of electronic cigarettes is OK.
- Avoid coloured toothpaste (red or blue) or Mouthwash for 24 hours.
- Food and drinks that may be consumed are as follows:
- Plain chicken, fish & chips, potatoes, plain pasta and white sauces, cereals, Milk, 7up and white wine, once it is clear or white. More information and white food recipes are available on our website.
What Food & Drinks Can I Have During the 24 Hours?
Of all the questions we’re asked after treatments on our customers, ‘What food and drink can I have?’ is the one that we’re asked more frequently than any others. That tells us one thing – we need to have a a go-to page that lists all the food and drink you can consume immediately after your teeth whitening treatment.
Here is a list of clear drinks and ‘white foods’ that are perfectly fine for eating and drinking after a treatment.
- Skinless chicken/turkey (minus the fat)
- White fish
- White rice
- White pasta
- White cheese
- White onion
- Egg whites
- Peeled potatoes cooked to your liking
- Crustless white bread
Rice Crispies (yes, the Kelloggs ones – good to know for breakfast)
- White low-fat yoghurt
- Still / sparkling water
- Tonic/soda water
- White lemonade
- Skimmed milk
- Clear coconut water (not milk!)
- Clear alcohol mixed with clear mixers (gin and tonic, vodka and white etc)